The new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) legislation has now come into effect (25th May 2018) across the UK and EU. Companies who store personal information about individuals are obliged by law to inform their customers, suppliers and business contacts that they are storing the information and the reasons why.
We, at Hamilton, are transparent about the information that we store, the purpose for storing it and how it is used. Hamilton is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and stores the following information and the reasons why:
The information we collect
- We store and use your name, telephone number and email address to contact you concerning Purchase Orders, Order Queries, Deliveries, Invoices, Payments & Product Enquiries.
- As a visitor to the Company website, we may also collect information about your computer and your visits to and use of our website including: IP address details, geographical location, industry sector, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- You may also be asked to provide us with personal information on various occasions. This could be, for example, to request information from the Company, to take part in competitions, to become a member in a customer club, to request/order product samples. The type of information we collect for these purposes is typically your name, company address, telephone number and e-mail address, and sometimes even your personal identification number.
How is information used?
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- to be able to offer safe and simple use of our website
- to be able to communicate with you in connection with competitions, training events, and other interactive offers
- to be able to provide you with information about the Company and our services
- to be able to offer you marketing and advertisements which we think you will find interesting
Which information must you provide?
On every occasion you are requested to provide personal information, it will be clear when the information is required for a service and when it is purely voluntary to provide it.